a solar eclipse event hosted by Wine Down Ranch
Fri, Aug 18 at 3pm - Tue, Aug 22 at 12pm
- Family friendly
- Live Music
- Solar Eclipse
Moonshadow Festival is a weekend-long celebration of the 2017 Great American Eclipse. We are offering four-night tent and RV camping, along with day passes for all ages to enjoy live music, yoga, hiking, cowboy demonstrations, a hoedown dance, farmers’ and artisan markets, food and beverages vendors, and more.
Wine Down Ranch is a family-owned working cattle ranch north of Prineville, Oregon, within the path of totality for the August 21st eclipse. We are excited to celebrate this once-in-a-lifetime event with you.
Gates will open at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, August 18th for camping setup, and close at 12 p.m. on Tuesday, August 22nd. Day pass holders will be allowed entry at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday, and 6:00 a.m. on Monday, August 21st. Gates close overnight at 11 p.m. every night. A full schedule of events will be posted on MoonshadowFestival.com when it becomes available. Confirmed activities and entertainment include:
Fun With Jo
Starlight Movie: “Unbroken”
Hoedown dance instruction with Ron Bell-Roemer and Bottom of the Barrel Band
Carinne Carpenter: Vagabond Songwriter
Wayward Soul (folk Americana)
Papa Smoke (classic rock / country covers)
There is No Mountain
The Talbott Brothers
Crow & the Canyon
Eclipse Viewing (optional ridge hike)
A few other important details to know:
- Open fires are strictly prohibited, and smoking will only be permitted in designated spaces.
- Campsites are located in cattle grazing pastures. While suitable for tents and trailers, the ground may be unstable or bumpy in some areas.
- All campsites are “dry”, with no hookups or access to running water. Limited potable water will be available, but please bring enough water for you to drink, cook, clean, etc.
- Food and beverage vendors will be on site during festival hours.
- All campers and Monday pass holders will receive safety glasses on Monday morning in order to safely view the eclipse.
- Vehicle parking is not included in a festival pass (camping or day passes). Please also purchase a parking pass for a day or the entire weekend.