Rose City Rollers Present: Cinema Under the Stars, in Cars! The Sandlot.
Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 8:30pm
Join the Rose City Rollers for an evening of movie magic under the stars! August 13th-15th we’ll be screening The Sandlot - the 1993 American coming-of-age comedy film co-written, directed, and narrated by David Mickey Evans which tells the story of a group of young baseball players during the summer of 1962, suitable for all ages (rated PG). RCR has transformed the face of their iconic venue, The Hangar (located at 7805 SE Oaks Park Way), into a 15 foot tall DIY movie screen for your viewing pleasure. Many thanks to Epson for their generous donation of a projector, Horne Audio for the use of cables, and our friend/sound tech DJ Agent Meow for making this possible!
How does ticketing work?
- Admission is a suggested donation of $45 per car, though (if you feel inclined) additional donations are much appreciated and help ensure a bright future for RCR while our normal derby games are on hold! Please feel free to email email@example.com with any questions.
How many people can attend?
- There is a limit of 50 cars per screening - you are allowed to bring as many people you can safely and legally fit into your car.
Will there be concessions / can I bring my own snacks?
- Feel free to bring snacks and drinks but note that ALCOHOL is strictly prohibited and consumption of such at our event will be grounds for removal.
- Snack packs will be available for purchase ($25/ea) and include:
- 2 Skinny Pop Popcorns
- 1 pack Red Vines
- 1 pack Sour Patch Kids
- 2 Famous Amos Cookie packs
- 2 Gold Fish packs
- 1 Wasabi Almonds
- 4 La Croix sparkling waters
Can I watch outside of my car?
- Unfortunately, no. Safety of attendants is our top priority, and social distancing will be strictly enforced. If anyone is seen not abiding by distancing, masking (i.e. when outside of cars to use the restroom), and our other posted procedure, in line with the county, state, and CDC mandates for our area, you will be immediately asked to leave by our onsite security staff.
Please note, our facility at Oaks Park has been the Home of the Rose City Rollers for 15 years running, and we want to keep our relationship with our landlord solid. Please help us to do so by abiding by the following rules:
- Purchaser must be over 18 and legally able to sign the waiver, for themselves and minors in their group, within 24 hours of attending the event. NO Exceptions.
- Waiver signee must attend the event, (no unaccompanied minors riding solo please!)
- We need to stick to a strict 10 person limit of people out of their cars, including our production staff. Please limit bathroom breaks to “only essential”.
- Please note we have a Porta Potty that will be bleached between uses, and a sink, but no mirror or dressing room areas.
- No smoking of any substance whatsoever is allowed while your windows are rolled down.
Waiver link is also here!