8.22 Rose City Rollers Present: Cinema Under the Stars, in Cars! Hidden Figures.
Parking from 8:30 to 9:15 - Movie at Dusk
Join the Rose City Rollers for an evening of movie magic under the stars! August 20th-22nd we’ll be screening Hidden Figures: Three brilliant African-American women at NASA — Katherine Johnson (Taraji P. Henson), Dorothy Vaughan (Octavia Spencer) and Mary Jackson (Janelle Monáe) — serve as the brains behind one of the greatest operations in history: the launch of astronaut John Glenn (Glen Powell) into orbit, a stunning achievement that restored the nation's confidence, turned around the Space Race and galvanized the world. Suitable for all ages (rated PG).
RCR has transformed the face of their iconic venue, The Hangar (located at 7805 SE Oaks Park Way), into a 15 foot tall DIY movie screen for your viewing pleasure. Many thanks to Epson for their generous donation of a projector, Horne Audio for the use of cables, and our friend/sound tech DJ Agent Meow for making this possible!
How does ticketing work?
- Admission is a suggested donation of $45 per car, though (if you feel inclined) additional donations are much appreciated and help ensure a bright future for RCR while our normal derby games are on hold! Please feel free to email email@example.com with any questions.
How many people can attend?
- There is a limit of 50 cars per screening - you are allowed to bring as many people you can safely and legally fit into your car.
Will there be concessions / can I bring my own snacks?
- Feel free to bring snacks and drinks but note that ALCOHOL is strictly prohibited and consumption of such at our event will be grounds for removal.
- Snack packs will be available for purchase ($25/ea) and include:
- 2 Skinny Pop Popcorns
- 1 pack Red Vines
- 1 pack Sour Patch Kids
- 2 Famous Amos Cookie packs
- 2 Gold Fish packs
- 1 Wasabi Almonds
- 4 La Croix sparkling waters
Can I watch outside of my car?
- Unfortunately, no. Safety of attendants is our top priority, and social distancing will be strictly enforced. If anyone is seen not abiding by distancing, masking (i.e. when outside of cars to use the restroom), and our other posted procedure, in line with the county, state, and CDC mandates for our area, you will be immediately asked to leave by our onsite security staff.
Please note, our facility at Oaks Park has been the Home of the Rose City Rollers for 15 years running, and we want to keep our relationship with our landlord solid. Please help us to do so by abiding by the following rules:
- Purchaser must be over 18 and legally able to agree to this waiver, for themselves and minors in their group, within 24 hours of attending the event. NO Exceptions.
- Waiver signee must attend the event, (no unaccompanied minors riding solo please!)
- We need to stick to a strict 10 person limit of people out of their cars, including our production staff. Please limit bathroom breaks to “only essential”.
- Please note we have a Porta Potty that will be bleached between uses, and a sink, but no mirror or dressing room areas.
- No smoking of any substance whatsoever is allowed while your windows are rolled down.
Do you have any of the following symptoms of COVID 19:
· A fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher
· A cough
· Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
· New loss of Taste or Smell
· Sore Throat
Have you been asked by a Doctor or Public Health Official to Self-Quarantine anytime in the past 14 days?
Have you been exposed anytime in the past 14 days to people exhibiting the above COVID-19 symptoms, including visiting or working at a facility with confirmed cases?
Have you been in a group defined as a "gathering of MORE than 25 people WITHOUT physical distancing," within the past 14 days?
IF YES to any of the above, you MUST NOT participate until you are able to confidently attest NO to the above.
I understand that up to 40 people a day are using the Hangar at Oaks Amusement Park as a workout space during Phase One, per the guidelines for gyms and workout facilities, and the space is being cleaned according to the posted directions, voluntarily and to varying degrees, by membership.
I understand that, should I participate in ANY Rose City Rollers community activity, roller skating or otherwise, I am required to keep a 6 foot distance from non household attendees, and MUST wear a mask per the govenors mandate.
By purchasing tickets to this event, I acknowledge my voluntary exposure to the associated risks of participating in voluntary activities at this time.