10.8 Rose City Rollers Present: Cinema Under the Stars, in Cars! The Dark Divide: Portland Premiere!
Parking at 7:30, Movie at 8.
Join the Rose City Rollers for an evening of movie magic under the stars! October 1st -4th we’ll be screening the Portland Premiere of The Dark Divide!
The Dark Divide is based on the true story of renowned butterfly expert Dr. Robert Pyle's (David Cross) perilous 1995 journey across one of America’s largest undeveloped wildlands. At the urging of his dying wife Thea (Debra Messing), the shy author finds himself in over his head on an epic, life-changing expedition through Washington's Gifford Pinchot National Forest in search of new species of butterflies. Over the course of his six-week adventure Pyle battles self-doubt, the grueling trail, and the people and creatures who call this forest home. And, somewhere deep in the heart of The Dark Divide, he makes a discovery that challenges everything he knows about the natural world. With David Koechner, Cameron Esposito, Gary Farmer and Patterson Hood. Music by The Avett Brothers, Giants in the Trees featuring Krist Novoselić, The National Reserve, Samantha Crane, Bombadil, and more.
Parking begins at 7:30pm, movie at dusk (8:30pm).
RCR has transformed the face of their iconic venue, The Hangar (located at 7805 SE Oaks Park Way), into a 15 foot tall DIY movie screen for your viewing pleasure. Many thanks to Epson for their generous donation of a projector, Horne Audio for the use of cables, and our friend/sound tech DJ Agent Meow for making this possible!
How does ticketing work?
- Admission to this premeire event is $40 per car, though (if you feel inclined) additional donations are much appreciated and help ensure a bright future for RCR while our normal derby games are on hold! Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
How many people can attend?
- There is a limit of 50 cars per screening - you are allowed to bring as many people you can safely and legally fit into your car.
Will there be concessions / can I bring my own snacks?
- Feel free to bring snacks and drinks but note that ALCOHOL is strictly prohibited and consumption of such at our event will be grounds for removal.
- Snack packs will be available for purchase ($25/ea) and include:
- 2 Boomchickapop Popcorns
- 1 pack Red Vines
- 1 pack Sour Patch Kids
- 2 Famous Amos Cookie packs
- 2 Gold Fish packs
- 1 Wasabi Almonds
- 4 La Croix sparkling waters
Can I watch outside of my car?
- Unfortunately, no. Safety of attendants is our top priority, and social distancing will be strictly enforced. If anyone is seen not abiding by distancing, masking (i.e. when outside of cars to use the restroom), and our other posted procedure, in line with the county, state, and CDC mandates for our area, you will be immediately asked to leave by our onsite security staff.
Please note, our facility at Oaks Park has been the Home of the Rose City Rollers for 15 years running, and we want to keep our relationship with our landlord solid. Please help us to do so by abiding by the following rules:
- Purchaser must be over 18 and legally able to agree to the waiver, for themselves and minors in their group, within 24 hours of attending the event. NO Exceptions. Buy purchasing a ticket, you assert your agreement.
- Waiver signee must attend the event, (no unaccompanied minors riding solo please!)
- We need to stick to a strict 10 person limit of people out of their cars, including our production staff. Please limit bathroom breaks to “only essential”.
- Please note we have a Porta Potty that will be bleached between uses, and a sink, but no mirror or dressing room areas.
- No smoking of any substance whatsoever is allowed while your windows are rolled down.
Waiver link is also here!