10.17 Fleet Foxes and Rose City Rollers Present: Shore Outdoor Film Screening
Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 6pm
Experience the new Fleet Foxes album Shore outdoors and socially distanced for a limited screening of the 16mm road movie of the same name by Kersti Jan Werdal showcasing the landscapes of the Pacific Northwest set to the score of the album.
Each ticket buyer will receive one limited edition screen printed commemorative print.
Shore is an art piece, directed by Kersti Jan Werdal, filmed over the course of a month in Washington, Oregon, and Western Idaho on Super 16mm film. “The film is intended to co-exist and engage with the album [Shore], rather than be in a direct and symbiotic relationship with it," explains Kersti Jan Werdal. "The urban and narrative scenes interact with the more surreal landscapes, rather than sit in opposition of one another. My hope is that the film, much like the album does, reflects optimism and strength.”
Fleet Foxes’ fourth studio album Shore brings the dark sophistication of 2017’s Crack-Up to new heights with a soulful, sun-shined hue and fresh rhythmic vitality. The songs have dark themes of loss and struggle, but contain an uplifting lyrical power and sense of musical joy that remind us we can make it through the toughest of times.
Please note, this is a film screening only, Fleet Foxes will not be performing.
Safety is our top priority and COVID-19 procedures will be enforced following state and local guidelines.
RCR has transformed the face of their iconic venue, The Hangar (located at 7805 SE Oaks Park Way), into a 15 foot tall DIY movie screen for your viewing pleasure. Many thanks to Epson for their generous donation of a projector, Horne Audio for the use of cables, and our friend/sound tech DJ Agent Meow for making this possible!
How does ticketing work?
- Admission to this premeire event is $30 per car.
How many people can attend?
- There is a limit of 55 cars per screening - you are allowed to bring as many people you can safely and legally fit into your car.
Will there be concessions / can I bring my own snacks?
- ALCOHOL is strictly prohibited and consumption of such at our event will be grounds for removal.
Can I watch outside of my car?
- Unfortunately, no. Safety of attendants is our top priority, and social distancing will be strictly enforced. If anyone is seen not abiding by distancing, masking (i.e. when outside of cars to use the restroom), and our other posted procedure, in line with the county, state, and CDC mandates for our area, you will be immediately asked to leave by our onsite security staff.
Please note, our facility at Oaks Park has been the Home of the Rose City Rollers for 15 years running, and we want to keep our relationship with our landlord solid. Please help us to do so by abiding by the following rules:
- Purchaser must be over 18 and legally able to agree to the waiver, for themselves and minors in their group, within 24 hours of attending the event. NO Exceptions. Buy purchasing a ticket, you assert your agreement.
- Waiver signee must attend the event, (no unaccompanied minors riding solo please!)
- We need to stick to a strict 10 person limit of people out of their cars, including our production staff. Please limit bathroom breaks to “only essential”.
- Please note we have a Porta Potty that will be bleached between uses, and a sink, but no mirror or dressing room areas.
- No smoking of any substance whatsoever is allowed while your windows are rolled down.
Waiver link is also here!