Star Party at Ecliptic Brewing
Wed, Sep 22 from 6:30pm - 9pm
It's time for a STAR PARTY! Ecliptic Brewing has teamed up with OMSI to deliver you an evening of delicious food, cold beer and a celestial viewing of the starry night sky above. Join OMSI’s Director of Space Science Education, Jim Todd, as he leads us through an educational presentation of the cosmic realm. Keep an eye out for Ecliptic’s owner and fellow astronomy fan, John Harris, too! Get ready to #PourSomeSpaceInYourFace.
Here’s how it works:
- Secure your spot by purchasing a table ticket. There are tickets that hold up to 6 people per table or 2 people per table. This table ticket allows up to 6 or 2 people of all ages in your party, and you will all be seated together. You do not need to purchase a ticket for each person. Table ticket also includes a free pimiento cheese popcorn appetizer for the table!
- You may arrive beginning at 6:30pm. Show starts at about 7:30pm and will last approximately 90 minutes. BYO binoculars, and feel free to download star-viewing apps like SkyView Lite and Google Sky Free!
- Food and drinks are available for sale throughout the evening from our event dining menu. These include: Fried Russets, Hushpuppies, Caesar Salad, Summer Salad, Grilled Cheese, Ecliptic Burger, Classic Burger, Chicken Sandwich and Kid’s Burger.
- Table opens: 6:30PM
- Presentation starts: 7:30PM
- Telescope view time: 8PM
- Laser pointer constellation walk through: 8:30PM
- Last call: 9PM
- All normal COVID-19 safety measures will be in place for this event. (i.e. You must wear a mask when not seated at your table, etc.).
- We only have 18 tables available for this event: secure yours NOW to guarantee access to the Star Party!
- In the event of rain, tickets will be refunded. Other weather (i.e. clouds, haze, etc) will be evaluated, and we will try to keep the event going if at all possible! Please be patient with us as we can't control mother nature :-)